SPC Convective Outlooks

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Exert from my Book "Diary of a Storm Chaser"

"I walked toward the kitchen and on my way passed our giant window in the dining room that overlooked our backyard. I immediately noticed the clouds were racing by. I grabbed my fruit snacks accompanied by my juice box and sat at the dining room table. I looked out the window to see the sky was a dark green color and the sky looked to be breathing. The wind picked up and the window started to flex and rumble as branches from our tree began to fly into the air and bounce off the window. The wind began to roar as I quickly ran away from the window and emerge into the living room where my family was looking into the front yard. I got up on the couch and peered out to see a grey cone descend from the sky. I watched this cone as the tip quickly came in contact with the ground and spin up dirt at the base. My first tornado encounter! This was the start of that fear most meteorologists get before it eventually turns into a passion".

No comments:

Post a Comment